Friday, September 26, 2008

Chew Cake

I admit, I have not had the chance to make any of the recipes yet, but I hope to do so once I get a little time! Sadia, thank you so much for having this blog (and sorry I've been totally MIA). I wanted to share a recipe for a cake I often make. I'm warning you that it totally sounds and is unhealthy, but I'll make it when I'm having a party and know lots of folks will be coming. I think it can't hurt too much to spread it over many people at a party. That way you'll know everyone will have a little and it'll be gone in no time (so you don't have the urge to eat it all yourself ;)

* Mix 1 box cake mix (any kind), 1 stick butter, 3.5 ounce can coconut, 2 cups pecans chopped (8 oz), and 1 egg
* Grease pan & lay the mixture into the pan
* Top: Mix 8 oz creamed cheese, 1 box powdered sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Pour this mixture into the pan on top of the other mixture.
* Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until top golden brown

At the end you'll notice that when you stick a toothpick in cake to see if done, that method may not work because the cake stays gooey on the bottom layer and hardens up on it's own time. I usually let bake for 50 minutes and by that time the top is definitely a golden brown.

Enjoy :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Btw, I thought I'd post since Eid is coming up too, and I just bought the ingredients to make it myself on Eid. It's a pretty simple cake to make, and with a 6-month old I love easy!

Sadia said...

hahhaa, the ones you can only make for large groups because it is sooo good and fattening are the best recipes ;) Thanks for posting, and it's great to see you've returned to the blog world in full force! :)

Unknown said...

Haha, I agree, and Eid is a time to eat all those yummy foods (w/o thinking about what's in them;)