Saturday, May 17, 2008

Chocolate Pretzels

EASY breezy recipe.  Satisfies the discerning sweet tooth and provides sweet with salty, smooth with crunchy. I'm going to take this as one of my 2 munchies to Farah/Shereen's recipe swap tomorrow inshaAllah.  Kareem had a fun time placing the chocolate on the pretzels for me. Kids would enjoy helping with this one.

INGREDIENTS
35 circular pretzels- these can be hard to find in the typical grocery stores.  I used mini twists, and they worked just fine.
35 Hershey's kisses
35 M&M's or 70 mini M&M's

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place pretzels on baking sheet or on a tray lined with aluminum foil.  Unwrap kisses and place one at center of each pretzel.
3. Place in preheated oven 2 min. (do not go over 2.5 min. to prevent burning) until kisses melt.  Note: they will not completely melt into a puddle and that is fine; in fact, they shouldn't.  Remove from oven and place either 1 regular or 2 mini M&M's in the center of each kiss.  Chill in refrigerator about an hour until set.

Wa-la!  Simple and yum.

Ayesha, I may try your recipe below to take along also.  I picked up Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips for baking, and instead of dried cranberries, I got craisins (cherry flavored cranberries). Will report back on your post with results!

No comments: